Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Winds of Change

...two of them, that is.  The change from a mostly picked up house to TORNADO HIT!  Piano music is everywhere, (guess they couldn't find the right song to play), tablecloths pulled out of the drawers, the foot scrubber is resting in the base of the vacuum, the rhythm toys are all dumped out...yes definitely a change from earlier today...

But really?  Ari and Logan had a blast together!  They always do! Don't ask me why, but she has dubbed him Elmo even though she can say his name.  But he is her Elmo, and she loves him with all her heart.  He came over twice today and both times broke Ari's heart when he left again.  I did find out that the feeling is mutual.  Grandma's house?  Not for Logan!  He wants to be with his Awi.  I love it!  And they play so well together, it makes it a joy having him to visit.

I am still plugging away at cards.  Each one is unique and hopefully worth it! I haven't mastered the art of mass producing, I get bored or the buttons change or I use a different ribbon, or I distress the embellishments a little differently...it means they take longer, but I take joy in the process. 

I got a major "squirrel" today (if you've seen the movie UP, you'll know that those dogs are exactly what life is like for the people who talk to me!) and I realized that my brother's birthday is only a little more that two weeks away!  I have been working on a special mini-album for him that highlights my father.  It's called "My Father, My Eternal Friend".  I used BoBunny's Mywords album and completely covered the page with the photo.  I will be highlighting the finished product in a later post. So today I worked on the overlays that I am designing for the pages.  Overlays are like transparencies with awesome designs on them so you can see the photo beneath them.  Anyway...I hope that it will be something he will love and that will help his sons remember their grandpa. 

But, I should have been prepping for my Make and Take at All About Scrapbooks, so that will be tomorrow.  Watch and see what I make.  I'll upload it tomorrow!

Gotta run, homework takes precedence!

No comments:

Post a Comment