Monday, November 8, 2010

Music in My Soul

So what else have I been working on? Well, as one of her value projects, Jessica and I designed a music quilt. We calculated the yardage in order to make a sheet of music with a large treble clef on it that will center down her bed. After we finished the top we sent it to an amazing quilter who machine quilted a pattern that incorporated music notes.  I worked on the binding over the past two weeks. Jess named it "Music in My Soul" and the quilter made a beautiful tag on the back with the title, name and date.




I couldn't believe it, though, when I got to the last eight inches of the hand stitched binding and discovered I had missed the binding on the front with the machine. With the store event looming I couldn't take the time to work out how to restitch it, but today I will give it a go on the machine and then finish hand stitching the binding. I will be so happy when it is in the mail and on its way to Jessica!  If it is as cold in her apartment as it is here, she will definitely love having it, for warmth as well as looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment